This is one of the most rewarding volunteer opportunities you’ll ever experience, and one of the most worthy causes to which you may contribute.
During the Annual Christmas Cheer project we will take 60 local, disadvantaged children shopping for gifts for themselves and their families. The children will also have the opportunity to eat breakfast, have their picture taken with Santa, and enjoy a special activity!
NOTE – For our annual Christmas Cheer project, all families are chosen by the Salvation Army. For more information, click https://www.salvationarmycarolinas.org/winston-salem/
We need volunteers to shop with children, wrap presents and accompany the children for an activity.
** Click here for the 2015 Event information – Sat, Dec 12th, 2015
– including detailed information on how to volunteer **
We are also in need of funding for this project. Please consider making a contribution!
◄◄◄ Donations collected in 2015 ►►►
$9032.39 raised of target $9500
If you would like to make a tax-deductible contribution for any Winston-Salem Jaycee Foundation supported project, choose one of the following options:
$9032.39 raised of target $9500
How do you donate?
OPTION 1: Please mail a check payable to:
Winston-Salem Jaycees FOUNDATION
223 N. Spring St, Unit A
Winston-Salem, NC 27101.
OPTION 2: Prefer to pay online?
Visit the Foundation webpage at: http://wsjayceesfoundation.
2015 Committee Meetings:
- 9/22/2015 – location: West End Coffehouse (390 N. Broad St.)
- 10/22/2015 – location: JuggHeads Growlers & Pints (4843 Country Club Rd)
- 10/29/2015 – location: Jaycee Office (223 N. Spring St.) – letter stuffing (any help is appreciated)
- 11/12/2015 – location: West End Coffehouse (390 N. Broad St.)
- 11/19/2015 – location: Bib’s Downtown (675 W 5th St) – come out and support out dine in while we meet
- 1/24/2015 – location: West End Coffehouse (390 N. Broad St.)
- 12/3/2015 – location: West End Coffehouse (390 N. Broad St.)
- 12/10/2015 – location: Winston-Salem Jaycees Office (223-A N. Spring St. * note location was updated for this date
Have any questions or want to find out how else you can help with this project? Email [email protected]
◄ Highlighted Fundraising Projects ►
DINE & DONATE – Thurs, Nov 19, 2015
On Thursday, November 19th, 2015, you can do your part by simply dining at Bib’s Downtown (675 W. 5th St., Winston-Salem, NC 27101) from to 11:00 am to 9:00 pm.
A portion of this day’s sales will go to support the 25th Annual Christmas Cheer Project and help spread “Christmas Cheer” to those in need!
Click here for more details: BIB’S DINE AND DONATE NIGHT 2015
SCENTS FOR CHRISTMAS CHEER ONLINE FUNDRAISER – Mon, Nov 16 – Mon, Nov 30, 2015
This is a fundraiser event to benefit the project. 20% of all sales go to this cause! Be sure to order using the party link in the posts below!
Party link: https://tntilley.scentsy.us/?partyId=295092371
Facebook invite (to help spread the word): https://www.facebook.com/events/1108432365835092/
WE HAVE SHIRTS!!!!
A very special treat to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the project are shirts we are having made.
They are a great way to help fundraise for the project while bringing a piece of it home with you. If you know of a business who would like to become a sponsor and have their names on the shirt, please let Renee Parker or Caitlin Weaver know by emailing [email protected].
- at the Christmas Cheer committee meeting on Thursday 12/10/15 at the Winston-Salem Jaycees Office (223-A N. Spring St.) between 5:30pm and 8:30pm.
- at the Christmas Cheer event on Saturday 12/12/15 at Winston-Salem Target North (5420 University Pkwy.) between 8:00am and 11:30am.
CUP OF CHRISTMAS CHEER – Mon, Dec 7 – Sat, Dec 12th, 2015
Join us for a Cup of Christmas Cheer from Sunday, December 7th to Friday, December 12th. A portion of the day’s coffee sales will be donated to the Winston-Salem Jaycees 23rd Annual CHRISTMAS CHEER Project!
Monday 12/7/2014 – Krankies Coffee (211 E. 3rd St.)
Tuesday 12/8/2014 – Black Mountain Chocolate (732 Trade St.)
Wednesday 12/9/2014 – Camino Bakery (310 W. 4th St. & WFU Baptist Medical Center)
Thursday 12/10/2014 – Twin City Hive (301 Brookestown Ave., Suite 500)
Friday 12/11/2014 – West End Coffeehouse (390 N. Broad St.)
Saturday 12/12/2014 – Ardmore Coffee (1316 S. Hawthorne Rd.)
Facebook invite (to help spread the word): https://www.facebook.com/events/939707476123981/
◄ After Activity Sponsor ►
BIG THANKS to our After Activity sponsor – Airbound Trampoline Park!
2014 & 2013 Pictures:
[flickrset id=”72157649728919526″ thumbnail=”thumbnail” photos=”” overlay=”true” size=”medium”]
[flickrset id=”72157639221963563″ thumbnail=”thumbnail” photos=”” overlay=”true” size=”medium”]