Being a well rounded Jaycee isn’t about getting awards – but being recognized is amazing!
(Click here for a “Jaycee Lingo PDF” with descriptions of some of the awards below – will open in a new page)
2014 NC Mid-Year Convention (Aug 15 – 17, 2014)
Congratulations to everyone and thank you to every single member for huge contributions to our success! Together we’re making a big impact in our community.
Our chapter placed 3rd in Parade of Chapters for 1st Semester. This means we are working hard and succeeding in providing well rounded programming for our chapter! For those who missed the convention, here’s how we did!
[flickr id=”15043738305″ thumbnail=”medium” overlay=”true” size=”large” group=”” align=”center”]
(click here for additional pictures from the convention)
National Awards (from year-end 2013)
- 3rd place – Best Local Personal Skill Development Program – Winston-Salem Jaycees, Job Resource Fair Project, Sharon Reiss (chair)
- William B. Robertson Best Local Community Empowerment Program – Winston-Salem Jaycees, HOBY NC West, Mitzi McLean (chair)
- US Presidential Medallion – North Carolina – Winston-Salem President, Kimberly Hunter
- Heidi Juttner Memorial Award (Outstanding Local Vice President) – Winston-Salem Jaycees, Sharon Reiss
- 1st Semester: 3rd place in Parade of Chapters – Winston-Salem Jaycees
- Helping Hand Award – Robert Moreau, of Bib’s Downtown
- Passport to Civic Leadership (1st Degree) – Catherine Bormann, Yvette Spears and Sharell Trusty
- Faith in God nominee – Rebekah Beal
- Jaycee of the Semester nominee – Sharell Trusty
- Rising Stars – Maria Burke and Katie Taylor
- First Timers – Catherine Bormann
- 2014 Midyear Party: Toga Party – chaired by Missy Hunter
- 1st Semester (Div 5-8) – 1st place – Local Growth and Development Program
- 1st Semester (Sweepstakes winner – across all divisions in state) – 1st place – Local Growth and Development Program
- Hiking with the Hounds and the Jaycees – chaired by Nathalie Bishop
- 1st Semester (Div 5-8) – 2nd place -Local Community Empowerment Program
- 1st Semester (Sweepstakes winner – across all divisions in state) – 2nd place – Local Community Empowerment Program
In June 2014, we successfully completed our 5th year of HOBY NC West in Winston-Salem. In this 3-Day seminar, 97 Ambassadors from the western part of NC learned about their personal leadership skills, how to lead within a group, and how to lead within their communities.
Each year awards are presented at HOBY Training Institute in Houston, Texas. Awards are given to Leadership Seminar Chairs, Recruitment Directors, and Corporate Board Presidents from all over the country. The following awards were presented:
- SUPERIOR Leadership Seminar Chair: presented to Troy Powell
- Recruitment Director Award: presented to Carmen Miller
- Recruitment Goal Award: presented to Carmen Miller
- Alumni Ambassador for NC: presented to Connor Brady
Click here to see how we did at the 2013 Year-End convention (in Feb 2014).